Welcome to my Food Journey

Curious Southern Cook on a journey to learn...and to create exceptional dining experiences. I love entertaining and preparing food for loved ones & friends and sharing those experiences with others. My wish is that you will be fed too. Bon Appetite!







Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Black Eyed Pea Dip

We are all conscious about being frugal
and not wasting food these days. 
A New Years tradition for us is to always have Blackeyed Peas, Cabbage or Greens and Cornbread. 
My peas are full flavor made with Tasso and am sure that the way your family likes them will work just fine.  If you have any left from New Years or anytime...try this delicious dip. 


3 cups cooked Black Eyed Peas (divided)
1/2 Onion, diced
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar Dressing
2 tablespoons Olive Oil

Add 2 cups of the Black Eyed Peas, Onion, Dressing and Olive Oil to a pot and heat on low until warm.
With stick/immersion blender begin processing til almost smooth (I like it a little chunky).
Add remaining cup of Black Eyed Peas and continue heating until heated through.
Serve with crackers of your choice.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Now there's a way I haven't had black-eyed peas yet. Notice I say, "Yet". Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna try this! Have you thought of adding a "print" button to your recipes?

    ReplyDelete